Friday, August 20, 2010

Do acne washes usually cure acne for people?(Tell your own experiences?)?

For me it doesn't cure it, but if I don't use them I get really broken out. I've been using acne washes for 12 years now with that sort of relationship with them but recently I found something that really does seem to work. Neutrogena makes a blackhead scrubbing wash (I get blackheads on my nose but for the most part I get whiteheads all over my face which is my major problem) and I found that if I put it on my face then use the palms of my hands as a ';buffer'; it is really working to clear up my whole face. You have to get a nice firm surface to work with so stretch your fingers back and use your palm hard. I scrub for about 2 minutes and after I'm done my face is sore but not really red and irritated. My acne really does seem to be disappearing. Benzoyl Peroxide washes are more mild and doctors recommend them since the salycitic acid is rather abrasive but I've found the BP does not work at all for me. I have to get the 2% SA no matter what I'm buying. It does dry me out a bit but I can always throw on some lotion.





Also, I don't know if you wear make-up but Neutrogena just released a new line of liquid foundation that has .5% SA in it to help clear up acne. I've been using the two together and it is working wonderfully.
  • mineral foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment