Saturday, July 24, 2010

Will birth control cure acne?

I've tried every topical agent out there since age 14. I'm now almost 22 and sick and tired of my skin. I believe that the problem is horomones, not the cleanliness of my face. Is this theory something I just made up or can a hormonal imbalance cause acne? And if so, will the pill help? Do I go to a dermatologists or (as I assume) a gynecologist? Please advice, I'm fed up!Will birth control cure acne?
The pill can help, but it can have bad side effects that are worse then acne. Yes, you need to get the pills from a gyno, and you are almost 22 so if you have never went to one, you should (first pap test should be done whe you 1st have sex or turn 18 yrs old) and if you never been here is a link that could help you, http://www.mtv.com/onair/ffyr/protect/se鈥?/a>





40% of women on the pill will have some side effects.The 1st three months on the pill are the worst with breakthough bleeding nausea and sore breast. After my first month I was lucky and only had one side effect and that was an infection. Some people just have a bad time on the pill, others don't, then some can try dif. pills and find one that works of them.





Side effects:





Breakthough bleeding, skipped periods, nausea, weight change, bloating, vaginal infections, spotty darkening of the skin on the face may appear and may be permanent, blood clots, decreased sex drive, severe migraines, depression, irrational crying, Weight gain, Sore breasts, Vaginal dryness, Facial hair, Abdominal pain.....





Go to this link it's a Contraception Discussion Forum and read some of the post:


http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/ubb鈥?/a>





This link is Hormonal Birth Control survey results:


http://www.geocities.com/nullphonic/hbc/Will birth control cure acne?
I got severe acne when I was nine. I didn't try the birth conrol pill until I was nineteen and that's when my face completely cleared up within 6 months. Prior to that I spent hundreds of dollars on dermetologist fees and I tried every medicine out there. Nothing worked but the pill. I would recommend it....)(
ye it works give it a go
a mildbirth control can help acne. it worked for me, and i didn't have to take it forever it cleared up for me in about 6 months. you would want to talk to your gynecologist about it. good luck to you.
My gynecologist said the birth control Ortho Tricyclene helped with acne. Talk to your gynecologist.
Actually I have had that problem. Some of it was hormonal and for me the pill helped, but it does not help everyone. I also had to go to the dermatologist who put me on ACUTANE which also required me taking birth control. It is heavy duty pill for acne medication that can severely deform babies. So it did work. It made my skin 'flawless', but after having babies some of it came back, but very little due to the hormone imbalance. Best advice would be seek the dermatologist. They have great new things out there that you can't find just anywhere.
nope the only thing that will help you is proactive!!
it might cure acne but it seriously upsets your hormones!


pls consider that if you take the pill your body gets the information that it is pregnant all the time - that has a big impact on your life!





for instance: if you are pregnant you look for something different in a man then if you are not. so if you are on chemical hormones you might choose a guy who doesn't actually fit! this is not mind steered but is your subconsciousness
Yes it really does work certain ones can clear up acne very well, I know dianette and marvelon do that.
Some types of pills will. It is hormones, not bad hygiene.





My daughter at 16 asked our family doctor for a referral to a dermatologist. The dermatologist wrote the prescription.





Now, the family doctor renews. It has made a HUGE difference to her self-confidence, her face, and her outlook.





Do it, you will be glad you did.
When I was 14, my face was just one HUGE pimple. I went to the dermatologist, and he prescribed some HUGE pills, Retna cream, and Purpose lotion. It all help quite a bit, no scars now :o)
Please visit our websites. this might help you.


www.gojihealthstories.com


www.Pubmed.org search(lycium barbarum)


http://LadyRed.freelife.com


thank you. GOD BLESS
Yes the pill does work and it will actually do wonders if your problem is the hormonal imbalance.Try the Diane-35 pill and you will come out smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment