Monday, July 26, 2010

If I place Amoxicillin on my face, will it cure my ACNE?

I mean, the powder thingy inside the Amoxicillin capsule. Please tell me your thoughts about this crazy idea of mine. heheIf I place Amoxicillin on my face, will it cure my ACNE?
Antibiotics work by being carried around your body by your bloodstream, and thereby being ideally placed to kill bacteria wherever they may be encountered.





If you simply place the powdered Amoxicillin on your face it will be unable to get into your bloodstream and will simply sit on your skin until it happens to be blown off, or falls off for some other reason. There is no mechanism for it to permeate into your skin that way either.If I place Amoxicillin on my face, will it cure my ACNE?
The type of amoxicillin that you have mentioned is designed to be absorbed in the gut and should be taken orally, not via the skin. Usually the antibiotics placed on the skin for acne %26amp; a variety of skin problems are in liquid facial antiseptic form.
You need to take your antibiotic orally. It is formulated for that purpose, not to apply to your face. Trust me, if this is new for you, take them. I just got off a course of 500mgs 4 times a day, I took it with food, so it wouldn't upset my stomach, and face is so clear and zit free. It may work for you too. Take them the same time everyday, so the same amount is through out your body in a 24 hour period. Make sure you wash your hands alot. People don't realize how much are hands can cause bacteria to enter our pores in our skin.


Good luck!
no
Youre doing a BSN??? i wouldnt want to be a patient of yours...
  • eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment